HVAC Preventative Maintenance Plans
1/3rd of the energy consumed in the United States is used to heat and cool buildings. The old but true cliché “out of sight, out of mind” is often the reason for neglected maintenance guidelines for your HVAC system. HVAC systems are usually installed where they are not seen, such as in a section of the basement, a closet, on rooftops, or in mechanical rooms. This makes them easy to ignore. The systems are simply taken for granted, until they fail. Decreased efficiency, utility overpayment, discomfort, loss of productivity, eventual premature replacement, and higher repair costs are the result.
Semi-Annual Fall & Spring Scheduled HVAC Maintenance
By scheduling preventative maintenance in the Spring and Fall for your HVAC system, we can help you maintain peak heating and cooling efficiency, help cut down on utility bills, and avert system failures by detecting them early. Below is a list of checks we do to make sure your HVAC system is running at peak performance:
- Check system functions.
- Make sure safety controls are functioning
- Repair/Replace electrical components
- Ensure airflow and replace dirty air filters
- Examine, adjust, align belts
- Lubricate pumps & motors as necessary
- Inspect & clean as needed
- Clean/Inspect the burner assembly
- Remove soot from fireside of burner as needed.
- Clean and check operation of humidifier as needed.
- Visually or with remote camera, inspect heat exchanger for cracks.
- Adjust air/fuel ratio of burner and perform combustion analysis.
- Note: For heat pump applications, winter season inspections repeat a number of the summer procedures plus several additional checks. Maintaining semi-annual PMs for heatpumps is also important.
- Clean/Inspect inside coil, condensate pans, condensate traps, and condensate lines to prevent obstructions.
- Clean outside coil and straighten fins as needed for efficient operation.
- Check refrigerant levels and if low,Visually inspect for leak. A more thorough inspection may be required at an additional cost.
- According to many equipment manufacturers, a 10% refrigerant loss will result in a 20% decrease in system efficiency!
Contact Enviro Air For All Of Your Raleigh HVAC Maintenance Needs
What’s your bottom line? We save you money and time. If you are a preventative maintenance customer of ours, you will also save 10% on the cost of any parts & services for the entire time you’re signed up with us. You’ll have have peace of mind, with fewer system failures on your HVAC system. We also give our preventative maintenance customers priority service, so if you have a failure we’ll make sure to get you up and running quickly. For more information or to receive a complimentary in-home estimate, call us today: (919) 375-4139